I was clicking around in search of Mimi's addio from La Boheme this morning and noticed for the first time how many songs I've loaded that begin with the imperative Don't.
- "Don't Be the Bunny" (John Cullum, Urinetown Original Broadway Cast)
- "Don't Answer Me" (The Alan Parsons Project)
- "Don't Bring Lulu" (Gladys Mills)
- "Don't Call Me Baby" (Madison Avenue)
- "Don't Dream It's Over" (Crowded House)
- "Don't Ever Leave Me" (Pearl Bailey)
- "Don't Leave Me This Way" (Thelma Houston)
- "Don't Let's Be Beastly to the Germans" (Noel Coward)
- "Don't Like Goodbyes" (Pearl Bailey, House of Flowers Original Broadway Cast)
- "Don't Look at Me" (Barbara Cook, Follies in Concert)
- "Don't Put Your Daughter on the Stage, Mrs. Worthington" (Noel Coward)
- "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree" (The Andrews Sisters)
- "Don't Tell Mama" (Natasha Richardson, Cabaret Revival Cast)
- "Don't Waste Your Heart" (The Dixie Chicks)
To balance this I can find only Bessie Smith singing "Do Your Duty," which is not so much positive as pushy.